WHO WE ARE
Steinbach Family Resource Centre is a resource centre in Steinbach, Manitoba dedicated to serving expectant parents and families with children in the community and surrounding areas of South Eastern Manitoba. Steinbach Family Resource Centre is partly funded through the Canadian Pre-natal Nutrition Program and other generous donations from the community.
We provide a place where any family can come to find help and support. We believe that community does not just happen; it is intentional. Every family counts!
We offer free pre/postnatal, family,
and specialty classes all year round.
SFRC is following all provincial restrictions in accordance with current public health orders. We are currently offering IN-PERSON and OUTDOOR Programming. Please view our calendar and contact us to register! We continue to be open for drop-in for RESOURCES, Clothing Cafe, and Individual Support.
Please call us at 204-346-0413 if you have any questions.
A Healthy Family in Every Home.
Steinbach Family Resource Centre is dedicated to serving expectant parents and families with children in the community and surrounding areas of South Eastern Manitoba.
- HEALTHY: We believe health is critical to all aspects of a person’s life and are dedicated to the practice of physical, mental, emotional, intellectual, social, spiritual, environmental and occupational health.
- CONNECTED: We believe that attachment is the single most important predictor of positive outcomes for children and families; we are committed to enabling and supporting the healthy relationships that support these outcomes.
- SUPPORTIVE: We respect every person’s autonomy and decision making rights for themselves and their families and we display kindness and concern in our interactions with all families.
- INCLUSIVE: We believe every person should have access to the resources they need to provide a healthy life for themselves and their families.
- RESOURCEFUL: We are tireless in our desire to advocate for and help families to overcome any barriers to living a healthy life.
As a not-for-profit Centre, we need your help in supporting families across the Southeast.
WHAT WE OFFER
Resources for Families:
If you are in need of some new clothing items for your growing child, or are looking to rent a breast pump, we offer both services and more here at Steinbach Family Resource Centre.
Clothing Cafe & Other Resources >>
Info on Breast Pump Rentals >>
Year-Round Programming :
We offer free programs to expecting parents and families that are suitable for children ages 0-5 years, as well as classes tailored specifically to parents. All programs are drop-in, unless otherwise specified.
Info on our Programs >>
Family Dietitian and Community Resource Info:
Our Centre provides families with the opportunity to access information on health and nutrition during or after pregnancy talking with our on-site dietitian. If you are seeking other support or advice, we are always here to help.
Info about our On-Site Dietitian >>
Info on Community Resources >>
Stay up to date with all our class times and special events we have going on each month.