WHO WE ARE
Steinbach Family Resource Centre connects families to education, resources and support. We are a Resource Centre located in Steinbach and offering a wide variety of attachment based parenting and early childhood programs and groups. We are dedicated to serving growing families and families with children across Southeast Manitoba. We are funded through generous donations from individuals and businesses, community grants, sponsorships and partners.
We provide a place where any family can come to find help and support. We believe that community does not just happen; it is intentional. Every family counts!
We offer free pre/postnatal, family,
and specialty classes all year round.
A Healthy Family in Every Home.
Steinbach Family Resource Centre is dedicated to helping growing families find
support and connection to our commnunity.
- HEALTHY: We believe health is critical to all aspects of a person’s life and are dedicated to the practice of physical, mental, emotional, intellectual, social, spiritual, environmental and occupational health.
- CONNECTED: We believe that attachment is the single most important predictor of positive outcomes for children and families; we are committed to enabling and supporting the healthy relationships that support these outcomes.
- SUPPORTIVE: We respect every person’s autonomy and decision making rights for themselves and their families and we display kindness and concern in our interactions with all families.
- INCLUSIVE: We believe every person should have access to the resources they need to provide a healthy life for themselves and their families.
- RESOURCEFUL: We are tireless in our desire to advocate for and help families to overcome any barriers to living a healthy life.
As a registered charity, your donation supports families in our community.
WHAT WE OFFER
Resources for Families:
If you are in need of some new clothing items for your growing child, or are looking to rent a breast pump, we offer both services and more here at Steinbach Family Resource Centre.
Clothing Cafe & Other Resources >>
Info on Breast Pump Rentals >>
Year-Round Programming :
We offer free programs to expecting parents and families that are suitable for children ages 0-5 years, as well as classes tailored specifically to parents. All programs are drop-in, unless otherwise specified.
Info on our Programs >>
Family Dietitian and Community Resource Info:
Our Centre provides families with the opportunity to access information on health and nutrition during or after pregnancy talking with our on-site Dietitian. If you are seeking other support or advice, we are always here to help.
Info about our On-Site Dietitian >>
Info on Community Resources >>
Stay up to date with all our class times and special events we have going on each month.
WHERE YOU CAN FIND US
For thousands of years, families have gathered, played and worked on the lands we call Southeastern Manitoba. Steinbach Family Resource Center acknowledges that these lands which we are now privileged to gather, work, and care for each other is located on Treaty 1 territory and the homeland of the Métis Nation.
Every parent, caregiver and child deserves a life of health, dignity, kindness, and joy. We are sorry for the harms of the past that prevented many from experiencing these and will strive to do better in the future. In the spirit and intent of the treaties, we promise to listen and learn, and to share what we have to serve families and children who need help, in harmony with and respect for each other and the land.
As a beacon for the health and wellbeing of families in Southeastern Manitoba, SFRC will honour the history of those who have gone before us and move forward together with First Nations and Métis families on a path of reconciliation and healing.